Student Support Services
Please view our Parent Workshop Schedule for this year's workshop descriptions, dates, time and location.
Student Support Services personnel are an integral part of the special education program in Massapequa and are available to students who may be experiencing cognitive, physical, and/or socio-emotional difficulties that have a substantial impact on learning. In order to address the needs of students in each of our schools, student support services personnel serve to:
- Assist teachers to identify and understand pupil characteristics which influence learning styles and outcomes;
- Provide information needed by the faculty and parents in planning appropriate educational options and programs for students;
- Provide assistance to pupils in adjusting to learning situations, understanding themselves in relation to education, and in planning and preparing for adult living;
- Assist parents to understand and support the pupil's progress in school;
- Encourage and assist in the school district's efforts to provide for full development of each child within the total educational program.