Call the Security Office at (516) 308-5333 for AFTER HOURS emergencies.
NYS School districts are required by the Education Law to provide transportation for all elementary pupils residing more than two miles from school and for secondary pupils residing more than three miles from school.
The Massapequa Board of Education has set the minimum distance from School requirements as follows:
Grade Level Distance from School:
Grades 1-9...1 mile
Grades 10-12...1-1/2 miles
TRANSPORTATION PARENT/GUARDIAN EMAILS
Parent/Guardian Bus Emails: Our bus email communication tool, RoutefinderGo, is used to inform parents/guardians of students on regularly scheduled bus routes with important announcements and delays expected to be over fifteen minutes.
- Student attending MSD schools
- The tool syncs with email information in our Student Management System, PowerSchool, and our bus route numbers in Transfinder.
- If you need to update email information, please contact your school’s General Office and ask to speak with the building registrar (MSD Students)
- If you would like to be removed from bus email communications, please contact our Transportation Department at email@example.com or 516.308.5065.
- Students attending a private/parochial school
- Our system syncs with email information we have on file and our bus route numbers in Transfinder
- If you need to update email information, please contact or our Transportation Department (Private/Parochial Students)If you would like to be removed from bus email communications, please contact our Transportation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516.308.5065.
Parent Bus Email Support: Check your spam/junk folder and add email@example.com to your safe-senders list. In addition, contact your school's registrar to check the email address we have on file in PowerSchool (MSD Students) or the Transportation Department (Private/Parochial Students). If correct, it is possible your provider is blocking or delaying emails from the RoutefinderGo system. If blocked, please contact your provider to share the issue with your email address or contact the building registrar to update your email address to a different provider.
- Student attending MSD schools
PRIVATE / PAROCHIAL SCHOOL APPLICATION FOR TRANSPORTATION
The deadline for submitting a Private/Parochial School Application for Transportation was Friday, April 1, 2022.
Should you still need to apply, please contact the Massapequa School District Transportation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transportation Request for Childcare Location
All residents of the Massapequa School District requesting transportation for childcare locations MUST submit an application for transportation to childcare location on or before April 1, 2022 in order to be eligible for the 2022-2023 school year - see link below.
Bus Stop Changes
Requests for bus stop changes must be submitted in writing to the Transportation Office.
Each child eligible for bus transportation will be issued a bus pass and must present it to the driver upon boarding. If a pass is lost, a duplicate may be issued through the school's general office for a charge of $2.50. If a pass becomes worn or mutilated through normal use, it will be replaced free of charge upon presentation of the old pass. Inappropriate behavior while on a school bus or improper use of the bus pass may result in the loss of bus pass privileges. More information will be provided when the bus pass is issued.
(631) 694 5555
Educational Bus Transportation, Inc.