Call the Security Office at (516) 308-5333 for AFTER HOURS emergencies.
NYS School districts are required by the Education Law to provide transportation for all elementary pupils residing more than two miles from school and for secondary pupils residing more than three miles from school.
The Massapequa Board of Education has lowered these minimum distance from School requirements as follows:
Grade Level Distance from School
Students Attending Private or Parochial School
Residents of the Massapequa School District whose children will be attending a private/parochial school in the 2019-2020 school year may submit an application for transportation.
Please note the following guidelines and requirements:
- APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 1, 2019
- ALL MASSAPEQUA RESIDENTS ATTENDING PRIVATE/PAROCHIAL SCHOOL MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE MASSAPEQUA SCHOOL DISTRICT IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND RECEIVE TRANSPORTATION AND OTHER SERVICES, SUCH AS TEXT BOOKS.
- Eligiblity guidelines:
- Kindergarten - more than ½ mile
- Grades 1 through 9 - more than 1 mile
- Grades 10 through 12 - more than 1 ½ miles
- Transportation is not provided for a school over 15 miles from the residence.
- A separate application must be submitted for each child and must be submitted every year, even if a child is currently receiving transportation.
Transportation Request for Childcare Location
All residents of the Massapequa School District requesting transportation for childcare locations MUST submit an application for transportation to childcare location on or before April 1, 2019 in order to be eligible for the 2019-2020 school year - see link below.
Bus Stop Changes
Requests for bus stop changes must be submitted in writing to the Transportation Office.
Each child eligible for bus transportation will be issued a bus pass and must present it to the driver upon boarding. If a pass is lost, a duplicate may be issued through the school's general office for a charge of $2.50. If a pass becomes worn or mutilated through normal use, it will be replaced free of charge upon presentation of the old pass. Inappropriate behavior while on a school bus or improper use of the bus pass may result in the loss of bus pass privileges. More information will be provided when the bus pass is issued.
(631) 694 5555
Educational Bus Transportation, Inc.