Drivers Education for juniors and seniors residing in the Massapequa school district takes place three times a year:
- Fall Session: Registration in September, 120 spots - takes place Sept - Jan
- Spring Session: Registration in December/January, 120 spots - takes place Feb - June
- Summer Session: Registration in May/June, 80 spots - takes place July - August (at summer school location)
Seniors are placed first and then juniors are assigned remaining spots in birthdate order. Based on past enrollment, juniors are usually enrolled during the session of their 17th birthday. Further information can be found below and in the related files at the bottom of this page.
PLEASE CLICK ON PRE-REGISTRATION FORM BELOW
Summer 2018 Session - at Berner Middle School
Registration for the summer drivers education program has ended. An email was sent to all participants on June 21, 2018 with class list and additional information. Please contact the summer school office if you need assistance after June 22, 2018.
- Completion certificates - see Mrs. Clark in the MHS General Office. Completion certificates are not mailed.
- For fall and spring sessions, what time is my Monday makeup driving class if I usually drive on Saturdays?
- If you usually drive on Saturday in the early time slot, 7:30 – 9:00 am, then Monday you would drive in the early time slot from 2:30 – 4:00 pm but you would meet the instructor on the west side of MHS on Jones Place.
- If you usually drive on Saturday in the late time slot, 9:00 – 10:30 am, then Monday you would drive in the late time slot from 4:00 – 5:30 pm.
Fall and Spring Session - General Information
- Students attend one lecture class and one driving class per week at Massapequa High School.
Driving Class Pickup Locations
- Weekdays at 2:30-4:00 pm driving - instructors meet students on Jones Place (west side of MHS).
- Weekdays at 4:00-5:30 pm and Saturday (7:30-9:00 and 9:00-10:30 am) driving - instructors meet students in lakeside parking lot by center doors.
Lecture Class Location
- All lecture classes take place in Room 90.
Learner's Permit Testing
Note: If you do not have a learner's permit, you can take the learners permit test at Massapequa High School.