Summer 2023 Driver Education Program
will be in May, please check back for dates and link.
Drivers Education for Seniors and Juniors residing in the Massapequa School District takes place three times a year:
- Fall Semester I Session: Registration in September, 120 spots - takes place Sept - Jan
- Spring Semester II Session: Registration in December/January, 120 spots - takes place Feb - June
- Summer Session: Registration in May/June, 80 spots - takes place July - August (at summer school location)
Seniors are placed first and then juniors are assigned remaining spots in birthdate order. Based on past enrollment, juniors are usually enrolled during the session of their 17th birthday. Further information can be found below and in the related files at the bottom of this page.
Driver Education Pre-Registration Spring/Semester II 2023
Fall/Semester I 2022 Calendar and Spring/Semester II 2023 Calendar
NYSED COVID Restrictions Guidelines for the driving/laboratory portion of Driver's Education has been lifted and will no longer be conducted by parents. East Meadow Driving School will be resuming their in-person driving lessons for the Spring Semester, 2023.
Fall/Semester I and Spring/Semester II Driver Education 2022-2023 Lecture and Driving Calendars
- Completion certificates - see Mrs. Brown in the MHS General Office.
- For Semester I/Fall and Semester II/Spring sessions, what time is my Monday makeup driving class if I usually drive on Saturdays?
- If you usually drive on Saturday in the early time slot, 7:00 – 8:30 am, then Monday you would drive in the early time slot from 2:30 – 4:00 pm but you would meet the instructor on the west side of MHS on Jones Place.
- If you usually drive on Saturday in the late time slot, 8:30 – 10:00 am, then Monday you would drive in the late time slot from 4:00 – 5:30 pm.
Semester I and Semester II Session - General Information
- Students attend one lecture class and one driving class per week at Massapequa High School.
Driving Class Pickup Locations (COVID restrictions have been lifted and the driving portion will resume to in-person driving conducted by East Meadow Driving School.)
- Weekdays at 2:30-4:00 pm driving - instructors meet students on Jones Place (west side of MHS).
- Weekdays at 4:00-5:30 pm and Saturday (7:00-8:30 and 8:30-10:00 am) driving - instructors meet students in the lakeside parking lot by center doors.
Lecture Class Location
- All Semester I/Fall and Semester II/Spring lecture classes take place at MHS in Room 90. All Summer lecture classes are TBD.
Learner's Permit Testing
Note: If you do not have a learner's permit, you can take the learners permit test at Massapequa High School.
Form MV-262 Supervised Driving Hours
This is the form students need to have their parents complete and bring to the road test. It attests to the students having driven with his/her parents for most of the hours. The driving hours the driving instructor is with the student is only 6 hours. The other 18 hours the student is in the car with the driving instructor is for the required observation hours.