Budget & Finance Committee
The Board of Education and school district establish committees to regularly review and provide input and feedback in a variety of areas. Keep in mind that participation and membership in certain committees may be limited to specific members, require expertise in specific areas and/or require appointment by the Board. Please contact the District Clerk at (516) 308-5001 for information pertaining to each committee.
Statement of Purpose
Budget Finance Committee shall:
Review year end Treasurer's report and prior year budget appropriation adjustments between budget functions
- Review monthly Treasurer's report and District reserves plan to gain an understanding of District finances. Review fund balance projection report beginning in March
- Review the proposed budget prior to public distribution and offer input to support and vote on the budget by consensus
- Perform special projects as requested by the Board of Education:
- Review 5 year capital improvement plan prepared by the District architect and assist in recommending project financing
- If they exist, review revenue shortfalls
- Assist in the development of the annual Budget Insight
- Hold monthly meetings from September-May, excluding December
- Be a liaison to the community
- Review educational/financial matters with District officials
- If available, attend Budget workshops
2022-23 Committee Goals
Mrs. Kerry Wachter
Mrs. Cher Lepre
Mr. Ryan Ruf
Mrs. Donna Passalacqua
Richard Von Bargen
All meetings are held in the BOE room.
Start time is 7:30 pm.
2023-24 Meeting dates to be decided.