Pre-registration for the
Summer 2023 Driver Education Program
will take place from May 8 to May 12.
Drivers Education for Seniors and Juniors residing in the Massapequa School District takes place three times a year:
- Fall Semester I Session: Registration in September, 120 spots - takes place Sept - Jan
- Spring Semester II Session: Registration in December/January, 120 spots - takes place Feb - June
- Summer Session: Registration in May/June, 80 spots - takes place July - August (at summer school location)
Seniors are placed first and then juniors are assigned the remaining spots in birthdate order. Based on past enrollment, juniors are usually enrolled during the session of their 17th birthday. Further information can be found below and in the related files at the bottom of this page.
NYSED COVID Restrictions Guidelines for the driving/laboratory portion of Driver's Education has been lifted and will no longer be conducted by parents. East Meadow Driving School will be continuing their in-person driving lessons for the Summer, 2023, with a limitation of 56 students.
Driver Education Pre-Registration Summer 2023
Fall/Semester I 2022 Calendar and Spring/Semester II 2023 Calendar
Fall/Semester I and Spring/Semester II Driver Education 2022-2023 Lecture and Driving Calendars
Summer 2023 Calendar
- Completion certificates - see Mrs. Brown in the MHS General Office.
- For Semester I/Fall and Semester II/Spring sessions, what time is my Monday makeup driving class if I usually drive on Saturdays?
- If you usually drive on Saturday in the early time slot, 7:00 – 8:30 am, then Monday you would drive in the early time slot from 2:30 – 4:00 pm but you will meet the instructor on the west side of MHS on Jones Place.
- If you usually drive on Saturday in the late time slot, 8:30 – 10:00 am, then Monday you would drive in the late time slot from 4:00 – 5:30 pm and you will meet the instructor on the east side of MHS in the lakeside parking lot by the brown center doors.
Semester I/Fall and Semester II/Spring Sessions - General Information
- Students attend one lecture class and one driving class per week at Massapequa High School.
Summer Session - General Information
- Students attend one lecture class and one driving class per day from Monday-Thursday, at one of the Secondary Buildings.
Driving Class Pickup Locations (COVID restrictions have been lifted and the driving portion will resume to in-person driving conducted by East Meadow Driving School.)
- Weekdays at 2:30-4:00 pm driving - instructors meet students on Jones Place (west side of MHS).
- Weekdays at 4:00-5:30 pm and Saturday (7:00-8:30 and 8:30-10:00 am) driving - instructors meet students in the lakeside parking lot by center doors.
- Summer Session TBD based on location.
Lecture Class Location
- All Semester I/Fall and Semester II/Spring lecture classes take place at MHS in Room 90. All Summer lecture classes are TBD.
Learner's Permit Testing
Note: If you do not have a learner's permit, you can take the learners permit test at Massapequa High School.
Form MV-262 Supervised Driving Hours
This is the form students need to have their parents complete and bring to the road test. It attests to the students having driven with his/her parents for most of the hours. The driving hours the driving instructor is with the student is only 6 hours. The other 18 hours the student is in the car with the driving instructor is for the required observation hours.