Pre-registration for Spring/Semester II, 2022,
Driver Education Program
Will Begin December 13, 2021
Drivers Education for Seniors and Juniors residing in the Massapequa School District takes place three times a year:
- Semester I Session: Registration in September, 120 spots - takes place Sept - Jan
- Semester II Session: Registration in December/January, 120 spots - takes place Feb - June
- Summer Session: Registration in May/June, 80 spots - takes place July - August (at summer school location)
Seniors are placed first and then juniors are assigned remaining spots in birthdate order. Based on past enrollment, juniors are usually enrolled during the session of their 17th birthday. Further information can be found below and in the related files at the bottom of this page.
Fall/Semester I 2021 Calendar and Spring/Semester II 2022 Calendar
Due to NYSED Guidelines and COVID Restrictions, The Driving/Laboratory Portion for Driver Education Will Continue to be Conducted by Parents
- Completion certificates - see Mrs. Clark in the MHS General Office.
- For Semester I and Semester II sessions, what time is my Monday makeup driving class if I usually drive on Saturdays?
- If you usually drive on Saturday in the early time slot, 7:30 – 9:00 am, then Monday you would drive in the early time slot from 2:30 – 4:00 pm but you would meet the instructor on the west side of MHS on Jones Place.
- If you usually drive on Saturday in the late time slot, 9:00 – 10:30 am, then Monday you would drive in the late time slot from 4:00 – 5:30 pm.
Semester I and Semester II Session - General Information
- Students attend one lecture class and one driving class per week at Massapequa High School.
Driving Class Pickup Locations
- Weekdays at 2:30-4:00 pm driving - instructors meet students on Jones Place (west side of MHS).
- Weekdays at 4:00-5:30 pm and Saturday (7:30-9:00 and 9:00-10:30 am) driving - instructors meet students in lakeside parking lot by center doors.
Lecture Class Location
- All lecture classes take place in Room 90.
Learner's Permit Testing
Note: If you do not have a learner's permit, you can take the learners permit test at Massapequa High School.