Science Research Program
The Science Research Program begins with Introduction to Research at Berner for students in 8th Grade. Research I and Laboratory Skills for Research are the courses for students in the first year of high school. The research courses continue at the Main Campus, leading to the International Prep class for seniors.
If you have a strong interest in science, enjoy problem-solving and like science competitions, such as the Science Discovery Fair, you may be interested in the Science Research Program. Information about the program, application process and the forms can be found on our PowerSchool Learning class titled Science Research Applicants. Students are encouraged to participate in the Science Discovery Fair on March 28, 2020. All applications must be completed online.
Students are encouraged to join the Science Olympiad and the Science Research Club at the Main Campus.
Science Discovery Fair
SCIENCE DISCOVERY FAIR ...
The Science Discovery Fair is CANCELLED for 2020. Join us for Discovery Fair 2021!
- All students in grades K-8 are invited to participate in the Science Discovery Fair.
- Please use the online registration form to register individual and group projects.
- All students must be registered to participate. Registration closes on February 29th.
SCIENCE DISCOVERY FAIR INFORMATION...
- Students in grades K-3 should check-in at 8:30 am and proceed to their tables. Students in grades 4-8 should check-in at 9:30 am.
- Judging is scheduled to begin at 9:00 AM for grades K-3 and 10:00 AM for grades 4-8 in the Berner Middle School Cafeteria. Students must present their projects to three judges during the fair.
- RECOGNITION CEREMONY:
- Times to be scheduled, students in grades K-3 will be recognized in the auditorium immediately after judging concludes for that level. The awards ceremony for grades 4-8 will follow.
New York State Science Olympiad (“NYSSO”) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which seeks to engage and challenge students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (“STEM”) through various levels of team-based competitive tournaments throughout New York State.
Please visit the website of New York State Science Olympiad website for information on events, team registration, regional & state tournaments, policies, and procedures.
Students are encouraged to participate in the extra-curricular science programs offered by the Massapequa School District. Please visit the Clubs & Activites page of your school for details.