NOW ACCEPTING Camp Invention Counselor/Volunteer Applications
Students interested in working as a Camp Invention counselor or volunteering for the week must be entering grades 10-12 in Spetember 2019.
If interested, please complete the Camp Invention Counselor/Volunteer Application Form.
NEW! to the 2019 Science Discovery Fair
Please join us at the Science Discovery Fair - April 6, 2019. No registration requirements for Makerspace demonstration.
Science Discovery Fair
SCIENCE DISCOVERY FAIR REGISTRATION NOW OPEN...
The Science Discovery Fair and Makerspace Demonstration will be held April 6, 2019 from 9 am to 12 pm at Berner Middle School.
- All students in grades K-5 are invited to participate in the Science Discovery Fair.
- Please use the online registration form to register individual and group projects.
- All students must be registered to participate. Registration closes March 1st.
- Registration for Makerspace is not required.
SCIENCE DISCOVERY FAIR INFORMATION...
- Students in grades K-5 should check in at 8:30 am and proceed to their tables.
- Judging is scheduled to begin at 9:00 AM for grades K-5 at the Berner Middle School Cafeteria. Students in grades will present their projects to three judges during the fair.
- RECOGNITION CEREMONY:
- Times to be scheduled, students in grades K-3 will be recognized in the auditorium immediately after judging concludes for that level. The awards ceremony for grade 4 & 5 will follow.
Science Research Program
The Science Research Program begins with Introduction to Research at Berner for students in 8th Grade. Research I and Laboratory Skills for Research are the courses for students in the first year of high school. The research courses continue at the Main Campus, leading to the International Prep class for seniors.
If you have a strong interest in science, enjoy problem-solving and like science competitions, such as the Science Discovery Fair, you may be interested in the Science Research Program. Information about the program, application process and the forms can be found on our PowerSchool Learning class titled Science Research. All applications must be completed online.
Students are encouraged to join the Science Olympiad and the Science Research Club at the Main Campus.
Camp Invention is a science summer camp for students entering grades 1-6. Camp Invention is scheduled for August 12th-August 16th, 2019 at McKenna Elementary School.
Students interested in working as a Camp Invention counselor or volunteering for the week must be entering grades 10-12.
New York State Science Olympiad (“NYSSO”) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which seeks to engage and challenge students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (“STEM”) through various levels of team-based competitive tournaments throughout New York State.
Please visit the website of New York State Science Olympiad website for information on events, team registration, regional & state tournaments, policies, and procedures.
Students are encouraged to participate in the extra-curricular science programs offered by the Massapequa School District. Please visit the Clubs & Activites page of your school for details.