Business & Marketing Honor Society of New York State
The primary purpose of the Business & Marketing Honor Society of New York State is to recognize those students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in a secondary business/marketing program.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a business/marketing course
- Seniors: Must complete 3 units in business/marketing by the end of the current school year.
- Sophomores/Juniors: Must complete 2 units in business/marketing by the end of the current school year and should be planning to continue for at least one additional credit prior to graduation.
- GPA Business Marketing Courses B+ or higher
- GPA Overall B or higher
- Students selected for recognition must also demonstrate, both in the classroom and through extracurricular involvement, the following:
- Character (evidenced by teachers attesting to this quality)
- Leadership (evidenced by committee chair positions, officer/chair or other lead positions in student organizations, civic/community leadership roles, etc.)
- Service (evidenced by volunteer activities in the school and/or community)
- See your business education teacher for an application.
- Complete the application neatly.
- Be sure to get the appropriate teacher signatures.
- Return the completed application along with the following to your business education teacher:
- Teacher recommendation letter attesting to the student's character, leadership and service.
- Copy of your most recent transcript which you can print from Parent Portal.
- Selection is determined within 3 - 4 weeks.
- If accepted, student is sent a letter of approval and invited to an induction breakfast held in May.
- If declined, student is sent a letter stating reason(s) for decline.
- Your application will not be accepted if you are missing any of the above requirements.
- Applications are due by March for consideration for the present school year.
- Return to Mrs. DeLury in the Career Explorations Office.