National Art Honor Society
The National Art Honor Society is sponsored by The National Art Education Association, the world’s largest professional art education association and a leader in educational research, policy, and practice for art education. It recognizes outstanding artistic scholarship and service to school and community through the development of artistic endeavors together with a strong moral character.
The purpose of this organization is to:
- Inspire and recognize those students who have shown outstanding ability in art;
- Foster excellence and a dedicated spirit to the pursuit of art;
- Further creative abilities and talents of the Society’s members, as well as the school’s entire
student art enrollment;
- Aid members in working toward the attainment of their highest potential in an art area;
- Bring art to the attention of the school and community;
- Increase an awareness of art in relation to other areas of the school curriculum; and
- Further aesthetic awareness in all aspects of the school’s total program
Candidates for membership:
- shall demonstrate art scholarship/leadership, service, and character;
- shall be a student enrolled in grade 9, 10, 11, or 12, and have completed a period equivalent to
one semester of art;
- shall have a minimum art average of 89.49 from the previous art year;
- shall be enrolled in a Massapequa High School or Ames art course;
- shall maintain a report card average of 84.49 or higher;
- shall have the endorsement of a current Massapequa art educator.
Once you become a member you must also:
- complete ART Community Service Hours;
- participate in various arts activities within district;
- attend more than 50% of scheduled virtual monthly meetings held on Google Meet.
After a review by the Art Faculty, successful candidates will be invited to the Spring induction ceremony.