Student Support Services
Student Support Services personnel are an integral part of the special education program in Massapequa and are available to students who may be experiencing cognitive, physical, and/or socio-emotional difficulties that have a substantial impact on learning. In order to address the needs of students in each of our schools, student support services personnel serve to:
- Assist teachers to identify and understand pupil characteristics which influence learning styles and outcomes;
- Provide information needed by the faculty and parents in planning appropriate educational options and programs for students;
- Provide assistance to pupils in adjusting to learning situations, understanding themselves in relation to education, and in planning and preparing for adult living;
- Assist parents to understand and support the pupil's progress in school;
- Encourage and assist in the school district's efforts to provide for full development of each child within the total educational program.